About Me

Monday, May 15, 2017

Graduation Speech

Welcome, teachers, staff, family, and fellow graduates of 2017. We are all gathered here today, to mark the end of our last day being a middle schooler, and prepare to become a high schooler. Since the beginning of eighth grade, we have set our countdowns for it to be graduation day, so we can finally get out of school and begin our summer vacation. But, the more graduation day comes, the more surreal it is that we will never walk the halls of Golf Middle School and have these wonderful teachers teach us anymore, and that in just 3 short months, we will all walk the long halls of high school.
There are many people that helped me become the student I am today. First, I would like to acknowledge my teachers that I have been with here at Golf Middle School. The teachers here at Golf Middle School are super helpful and try the best they can to let us understand something. They have dealt with our weird eighth grade selves and the weird things we talk about or do in class like playing Ba Baa Black Sheep and A Thousand Miles in Spanish class, to whining about running the mile is P.E. They go to school earlier than they have to for students who need help with something and even stay after school. The teachers here at Golf want to teach us everything they know with what we’re learning so we can become successful in the future.
Next, I would like to thank my family. My family have been by my side and never left me in tough times. They give me school supplies for school, food, water and a roof over my head, and even make me breakfast and also drive me to school in the morning even when they could be sleeping at 7 in the morning.  I’m so thankful that they have always supported me and without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.
Lastly, I would like to thank my friends and classmates. What is nice about going to a small school is that you know everybody. When I first came to Golf last year, I thought I was not going to make any friends since everybody had their own group of friends in seventh grade, but I was wrong. A lot of the students were really welcoming and I feel like I’ve known them for years. My friends are amazing and they never fail to put a smile on my face. I think all of the students in this grade are family even if some of the students have been here for a shorter time than other students.
This is just the beginning. We may have finished middle school but we still have a long way to go until the end of high school. I will never forget all of those memorable memories created with friends, teachers, and even the whole class. But most importantly, I will never forget Golf that is filled with so many nice people that I will miss. Thank you class of 2017 for an unforgettable 2 years here at Golf Middle School.
To end this speech, I would like to add a famous quote by Dr. Seuss:

2 comments:

  1. The best of luck to you in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great speech. Hope you enjoy high school as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete